- 1. You can NOT decide which spirit shirt to wear to the game because you literally have 3 drawers full!
- 2. You feel like a single parent from June-December. But to top it off you are failing miserably at home cooked meals, a clean house, and the pileS of laundry!! Yes, PILES!
- 3. Your coach is constantly asking you whats a good signal for this call or that call.
- 4. “Date Night” consists of watching film, washing uniforms, or going to watch other games! But you love every minute of it because you are finally getting some time with him!
- 5. You have the biggest and most comfy stadium seat ever. Mine is ginormous, and I get a lot of questions! LOL
- 6. While on vacation it is a MUST that we drive by any high school football stadium within a 15-mile radius.
- 7. You have a list of go-to recipes for when you have to feed “the boys”.
- 8. Every mirror in your house has a dry erase marker nearby to jot down plays that pop in his head. Yes, all of my mirrors have several plays on them. Even my 6 year old follows suit! =)
- 9. You learn that when your coach says he will be home at a certain time you always add AT LEAST 2 hours to that time. This is something I really struggled with, but have learned to accept.
- 10. Last but not least, you are proud of him win or lose. You support his decisions, (even when you don’t agree or understand), but you honor him by supporting him and encouraging him. You are his #1 fan!!
I say all of this to you to remind you that you are NOT alone. All of your thoughts, struggles, and frustrations are real. We all feel these emotions. It has helped me enormously to hear from other wives to know that it is not just me. Reach out to other coach wives, vent your frustrations, but most of all be understanding that this job of your husbands is not just a job. It is his calling. I know without a doubt my amazing husband is doing what God has called him to do. If that involves date nights washing uniforms, late hours, and dirty mirrors so be it. Because he is doing what God has called him to do and I am blessed to get to be a part of him serving.
I am thankful that I get to live this Coach Wife Life!!!